About Me

My photo
Hi My name is Liseth and one of the things I remember most when I was growing up was watching my grandmother sew fabric into the most beautiful creations. That's where my love for sewing came from. I love to travel and learn different cultures. As well hike and spend time with loved ones. My future goal: I hope to one day go to Thailand and Bora Bora.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

To Speak or not?

So a few changes in my life should be happening in the near future. My long time boyfriend took me ring shopping a little over a month ago and we are looking at trying to buy a home. I'm dying to tell my mom, but.....he said he'd asked for my hand from my dad which he hasn't done yet.

2nd part: My mom knows I've been trying to get a place of my own, I tried to get a condo on my own 2 years ago and have been actively searching, only thing I saw in my budget was a major fixer up. Last few months my boyfriend and I have been looking at homes and found a place to our liking, not our first city of choice but decent and most important in our price range. We are in the process of putting in our 1st offer on it. This Sunday I showed my mom this house and told her I might put an offer, the catch is she dosen't know yet it will be with my other half.

I hate the fact that my parents don't know what I'm doing. What do you think should I wait for him to spill the beans to my parents?

17 comments:

  1. Well I can certainly understand your frustration at not being able to share all this wonderful news with your parents, but I do think it is sweet that your bf wants to ask your dad's permission. I think your only option is to talk with your bf and make him understand how important it is to you to let your family in on the news. Maybe setup a family dinner and tell him that you would like him to talk with your dad then, or before then.

    Good luck and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree with Evey, talk to your bf. such exciting times, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I also agree with the first post. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I know you are very excited!

    I would definitely talk to your boyfriend and let him know how you feel about the situation. Best wishes to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "What do you think should I wait for him to spill the beans to my parents?" well why the delay?:D seems like a good time for him to make the move

    ReplyDelete
  6. Light a fire under the boyfriend and clue the parents in ASAP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would definitely encourage your boyfriend to talk to your parents. If he won't...you need to....

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOT :D I think... do your parents read your blog? :P

    oh this new dynamic theme works out really well! clean and neat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with everyone else ... suggest your bf talk to your dad ASAP.

    My honey did the same thing, talking to my dad, very sweet, he needed to get it done so he didn't chicken out. I didn't wear the ring until then.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Picture it...family dinner, the men folk sidle off to have coffee, while the gals clear the table (so sexist), boyfriend asks father for daughter's hand, daughter tells mom that what he up to, they eavesdrop at the living room door... you get the picture, Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very exciting... my mother would be so upset if others knew and she did not... tell them soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hard question, I don't know if I could do it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! And definitely tell them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think you should wait! They will understand why you didn't tell them when they find out the news :) I think it is very sweet your boyfriend wants to share the news first... It would be hard to wait but worth it :)))

    By the way how long until you could spill the beans?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can you wait just a little bit longer? Your father would be so thrilled to have your boyfriend speak with him!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL Linda! thank you all for you thoughts and feedback. he hasn't given me a clue, I know I think it would be more special for my parents to hear it from him first. only 2 friends know about this and well you guys LOL. My parents don't do the computer thing, so that's out. well I'll let you know when it does happen.

    ReplyDelete