About Me

My photo
Hi My name is Liseth and one of the things I remember most when I was growing up was watching my grandmother sew fabric into the most beautiful creations. That's where my love for sewing came from. I love to travel and learn different cultures. As well hike and spend time with loved ones. My future goal: I hope to one day go to Thailand and Bora Bora.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Got Dessert?

With Christmas around the corner, shopping is all done, main dinner feast will be done by my parents....now what should I make for dessert?

Last 2 years I made a rum cake which did really well, it was gone in a few hours LOL. With all the cold weather lately I think I might make some cookies the day before, but for the main day I want to try a new dessert. So please help with ideas and tell me, what is your favorite holiday dessert?

11 comments:

  1. How about Red Velvet Cheesecake or maybe a fruit flan? Good old fashioned warm pound cake with fresh fruits and whipped cream are always a staple at our holiday celebrations. Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our family goes with the old staples of Pumpkin and Apple pie. Have a very merry holidays !

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many choices! go to www.foodgawker.com to see some amazing food photos & ideas

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try Galla's Egg Nog Cake :-) My daughter will also be making pumpkin gingerbread. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine is Raspberry Walnut Torte. Nice and light, flavorful. I just never have enough people here to eat it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cream cheese thumb print cookies with hershey kiss middle that has fillings inside

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm making a caramel apple cheesecake from the Bobby Flay cookbook! Check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't usually do a specific dessert but cheesecake or trifle would get good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter is in charge of desserts this year. She found several great recipes on the Paula Dean site: English toffee with chocolate and peppermint brittle...YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mine would definately be Cherry Cheesecake by far.
    Happy Holidays to you and your family Isabelle.
    Peace and Love
    TheMysticalOasisGlow

    ReplyDelete
  11. they all sound so yummy! thank you for sharing your ideas. Can't wait to start baking :O)

    ReplyDelete