About Me

My photo
Hi My name is Liseth and one of the things I remember most when I was growing up was watching my grandmother sew fabric into the most beautiful creations. That's where my love for sewing came from. I love to travel and learn different cultures. As well hike and spend time with loved ones. My future goal: I hope to one day go to Thailand and Bora Bora.

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

recycle and renew

My future husband was one day looking through a pile of old shirts that he just couldn't bare to get rid of, especially this shirt of a dog that had the saying "we don't need no stinkin leashes" even though it had 2 huge holes, or as he called them ventilation hole (I could fit almost my whole hand in it). I finally convinced him if he really liked the shirt to let me make him something with the picture on it so he can still continue to preserve it a bit longer and use it. He finally agreed and asked me for a apron, I framed the cut out of the shirt with red trim and here are my end results. Needless to say I have an extremely happy camper :O)

6 comments:

  1. That's awesome! My husband recently recovered a speaker on an amp with an old shirt that had seen better days. I love seeing what people do with old, but still cool graphic tees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a great idea. I have heard of the quilts made from old T-shirts, but never an apron. You're so creative. I'm glad your hubby is such a happy camper now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unique Cozy Treasures - Very ingenius! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool ..... I love it !!!! Sometimes you need just a great idea. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liseth - what a great compromise that was. Terrific idea. ♥

    ReplyDelete