About Me

My photo
Hi My name is Liseth and one of the things I remember most when I was growing up was watching my grandmother sew fabric into the most beautiful creations. That's where my love for sewing came from. I love to travel and learn different cultures. As well hike and spend time with loved ones. My future goal: I hope to one day go to Thailand and Bora Bora.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Becoming a Geisha

Back in September I went on Holiday with my older brother to Tokyo. I have a fascination with the Japanese culture and here is one highlight of my trip.

My brother and I went to the city of Kyoto, beautiful city lots of green every, peaceful and they have special green kit kat bars...yummy.

Well anyways I found a tourist website where they dress you up and put on make-up, wig, kimono etc.. just as a really Geisha. When my family saw this it tripped them out and couldn't believe it was me:

here's what I really look like the person next to me is my brother:




now here's the after picture, the kimono and items under it are super heavy and hard to move in I could barely breathe, but it was worth it:


5 comments:

  1. WOW!! You are beautiful in the outfit!! What an amazing experience.
    Kyoto was hit hard by the disaster in Japan I hope all is ok where you had visited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!

    My co-worker knows some in kyoto and he said his area was ok. I'm hoping all areas there were. Such a beautiful city. It's unforunate disasters like that happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have ALWAYS wanted to visit Japan. I love the culture.

    You look like a real Geisha, so Beautiful!!!!

    Thanks so much for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fun experience that must have been! You look amazing!

    ReplyDelete