About Me

My photo
Hi My name is Liseth and one of the things I remember most when I was growing up was watching my grandmother sew fabric into the most beautiful creations. That's where my love for sewing came from. I love to travel and learn different cultures. As well hike and spend time with loved ones. My future goal: I hope to one day go to Thailand and Bora Bora.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Let's Camp

Summer is in the air, kids are ready to go on summer break....what's next? Camp of course!
Here's something I've wanted to volunteer for a few years:

http://www.campronaldmcdonald.org/

I've finally decided this is the year! I have a few weeks of vacation saved up for work so why not! I'm really excited I'm going to be a activities volunteer I have 2 days of training and will be with the kids at camp for 7 days, I'm sure it will be a rewarding challenge. The camp leaders I've meet at the interview and orientation are very enthusiastic and fun, including the volunteers that will be there when I'm volunteering.

They have lots of fun activities planned for these children like archery, swimming, basket making, fishing, game show, Harry potter themed dinner etc...These children really look forward to being able to be a "child" for a week without having to worry about there illness/limitations they may have at the moment. Let us take a moment and as God to bless them and give them strength to get better and give them hope for a brighter future.

Wish me luck on the activities :o)

25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful experience! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great and rewarding thing to do! Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great thing to be a part of. I am sure you will ALL enjoy yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. have a great time and tell us about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you'll enjoy your volunteer job, time well-spent. I'm now following your blog...would you include me in your PF list? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great opportunity to be part of. I hope you and kids enjoy your time there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time! What a wonderful way to give!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great experience. Can't wait to hear about it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Camping! Now this sounds like a way to keep kids happy in the summer months!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful of you to volunteer for such a worthy cause.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Isabelles, what a wonderful thing you are doing. It's great to have a place for sick children to actually feel like children and be totally distracted from their illness. Have fun, my hat goes off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isabelles...what a wonderful thing to be doing!! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fabulously rewarding for you! Enjoy and take lots of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing, this is a wonderful article!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is really nice!! You know Angelasdesigns also volunteers with Ronald McDonald. She LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds phenominal. You are going to be such a blessing to so many children. You don't need luck, you have the desire and prayers. Way to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That is amazing! Thank you so much for volunteering. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good luck in this adventure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Harry Potter themed dinner! How great! I can't wait until my girls are old enough to go off to summer camps. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so wonderful. I bet kids will remember those fun times!

    ReplyDelete
  21. susie-you've been added onto my list :o)

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you all for the positive feedback :o)

    galla-hmm wonder if she's going this year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great idea and great of you to do it!
    We have friends who are very involved with Ronald McDonald House and our grandtwins just visited the one near us and were very impressed and have decided to help in some way!
    You'll have fun, too- along with helping others.

    marilyn g

    ReplyDelete